Golf Course


THE TORONTO GOLF CLUB was established in 1876 and is the third oldest golf club in North America. Originally located on the Fernhill property in Toronto, the Club moved to its current location on the banks of the Etobicoke River in 1911. The purchase of the new property was completed early that year, and, at the same time, the well known English golf architect, H.S. Colt, was brought from England to design the new course. The Colt Course was ready for play in the autumn of 1912. In 1919, the Club purchased additional land to the north, and on this was constructed a new nine-hole course (Watson Course) which was ready for play in 1921.  

The Toronto Golf Club has hosted the Canadian Open five times; twice at its old location in 1905 and again in 1909, and three times at its current  location (1914, 1921 and 1927). The Toronto Golf Club has hosted the Canadian Amateur Championship eight times, more than any other club.